In an economy with rising costs, new regulations and changing safety standards, food processors are having an even tougher time remaining profitable. By focusing on monitoring and controlling costs related to food product production and storage, food processors and manufacturers can make measurable improvements in their business. Whether your company is involved in the manufacture, processing, warehousing or distribution of food, Datex has a software solution for your business.
With the implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), food processors and manufacturers need more tools to ensure food safety. Using Datex FootPrint WMS food manufacturers and food processors have increased food product and inventory visibility and the ability to track and trace by Lot, UPC, SKU, vat code, ingredient and more. The Datex warehouse management system can provide reports with drill down capacity to allow food processors and food manufacturers with the ability to obtain highly detailed information in real time. Food product freshness and food safety are always primary concerns. Datex FootPrint WMS can handle and trace components, supplies and food products throughout processing and manufacture.
Datex FootPrint WMS supports a variety of mobile computing solutions. The system allows mobile system users to receive, putaway, pick, stage and count inventory, capture accessorial charges and much more. Using mobile computing solutions, barcodes and Datex FootPrint WMS streamlines business efficiency, increases productivity and provides greater operational accuracy.
Food Product Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Quality assurance/quality control inspection capabilities
- Multiple simultaneous holds
- Tasting, sampling, inspection and quarantine schedules
- Tracks compliance and certification of finished product and ingredients
- Categorization of finished product and ingredients
Food Product Track and Trace
- Track and trace by Lot, SKU, UPC, vat code, ingredient and more
- Tracking of vendor Lot with vat code
- Lot track and trace by ingredient down to production line
- Track components and supplies throughout processing
Real Time Visibility
- Real time inventory visibility
- Can report on any data captured
- Drill down detail on reports
- Real time manufacturing and warehouse information available 24/7/365
Effective Food Product Inventory Management
- Temperature categories by location and SKU
- Temperature capture
- Multiple units of measure
- Catch weight management
- Barcode parsing and the ability to generate embedded barcodes
- Interfaces into scales, conveyor systems and fixed scanners
- System links to scales to provide automated scale tickets and receive bulk product into inventory
- Track movement of received goods waiting processing and packaging
- Track the production and packaging of finished goods
- Assign Lot numbers and/or expiration dates based upon production rules
- System produces Bill of Lading
- Country of origin labeling
FDA Releases Rules To Strengthen Safety Of Food Supply
Looking for a little weekend reading? The Food and Drug Administration has just the thing. On Friday, the agency released two proposed rules designed to boost the safety of the nation’s food supply, encompassing hundreds of pages.
Traceability systems needed to increase trust in food safety
A new study from Canada’s Conference Board says one step forward and one step backward in the supply chain is a simple, robust and cost-effective method of traceability.
How concerned are consumers about food safety?
Even with frequent food safety outbreaks and recalls, concern levels about the safety of the U.S. food supply remain relatively constant – although there are temporary spikes when news of an outbreak occurs, according to The NPD Group, a Chicago-based market research firm.
2012 Food industry outlook: A taste of things to come
It has never been tougher to build and sustain a successful food & beverage business than it is today.
First person: AMT president calls for permanent manufacturing R&D and innovation incentives
Wisconsin firm recalls beef tongues that may contain specified risk materials
Oprah’s organic appetite
Real Time Live Software Demo
See how a warehouse management system operates live in real time. Our presentation will be personalized for your industry and business type. Our user friendly warehouse management system (WMS) utilizes the latest Microsoft technology and includes a suite of features designed to be flexible and produce time and labor savings. Let us show you and your team how Datex FootPrint WMS can make your operation more productive, efficient and profitable.
We Make Requesting a Demo Simple!
- Fill out our form or
- Call 1.800.933.2839 or
- Chat with our live agents here.
Scripted demos available
Please note that these are no obligation software demonstrations for sales purposes.